<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, April 15, 2004

Made in America 

An African-American, bagpipe-playing, Marine, keeping up the morale in Fallujah:

Farr, an African-American from Detroit, was inspired to learn when he saw another player who didn't match the Scotsman stereotype.

"I was at a funeral and I saw a Marine playing the bagpipes, and I thought, this isn't a big, burly, redheaded guy with a ponytail and a big stomach. He's a small Hispanic Marine. I said if he can learn to play the bagpipes, I can learn," he said, chuckling.

When he is not on the front-line, Farr wears a kilt when playing, and some Marines have been skeptical about a member of one of the toughest fighting forces in the world donning what looks like a skirt.

But Farr is unfazed. He's looking for a desert camouflage kilt he can wear in operations like these.


Semper Fi, laddie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?