<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, May 15, 2010

My front porch 


I got up at 3:30 this morning to cheer on my training partner in her inaugural triathlon (I go tomorrow), then went to Home Depot and bought an old-style rotary lawn mower for my little back yard. Assembled same and mowed and raked said lawn. Now sitting on my front porch in the chair pictured below, drinking that exact glass of Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA, eating those peanuts, and watching the constant excitement on the street where I live. I hope you are having as wonderful a Saturday as I.


My front porch


7 Comments:

By Anonymous DJMoore, at Sat May 15, 06:08:00 PM:

No. Last night I discovered that the roof I just finished installing on my mother's shed leaks. Extensively.

I am not happy today.  

By Blogger SR, at Sat May 15, 08:28:00 PM:

Looks quite a bit more manageable than the mansion you were building awhile ago.  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Sat May 15, 09:02:00 PM:

SR - You don't know the half of it.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat May 15, 09:09:00 PM:

Good choice of beer, the 60-min IPA is probably the best dry ale in the country.

Trade you weekends. The dog got skunked last evening, just before the incredible thunderstorm broke. De-skunking continued late into the night. Today wasted half the day trying to get elderly mother's Comcast cable upgraded to digital, of course one of the TV adapters was defective, so no TV in the room she spends most of the day.

Couldn't complete store errands because a local university has commencement and thousands of out of towners are clogging up the works.

And I'm out of beer.  

By Blogger rcw, at Sun May 16, 05:41:00 AM:

You're doing a triathlon TODAY!!??
Didn't you just say you decided to train for one about two weeks ago?

Nice looking new digs, by the way.  

By Blogger dr kill, at Mon May 17, 11:48:00 AM:

Doylestown looks good this time of year.  

By Blogger Thud, at Mon May 17, 03:02:00 PM:

One year into a 4 year renovation....I may join you in a beer, in my case 'trappers hat bitter'. brewed one farm over.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?