<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Joe Biden threatens Barack Obama 


I think we have learned the real reason why Joe Biden does not reside in the District of Columbia. He owns guns, and he will surrender them only when they are pried from his cold, dead, fingers:

In an out-of-nowhere attempt to re-assure a southwestern Virginia labor crowd about gun owners' rights, Biden -- who regularly scores "F" ratings from the National Rifle Association -- warned Obama that if "he tries to fool with my Beretta, he’s got a problem."

"I guarantee you Barack Obama ain't taking my shotguns, so don't buy that malarkey," Biden said Saturday at the United Mine Workers of America's annual fish fry in Castlewood, Virginia. "Don't buy that malarkey. They're going to start peddling that to you."

Biden told the crowd that he himself is a gun owner. "I got two," Biden said, "if he tries to fool with my Beretta, he's got a problem. I like that little over and under, you know? I'm not bad with it. So give me a break. Give me a break."

Rather than debate, I think Biden and Palin should go hunting together. He -- or she -- who kills the most meat wins.

7 Comments:

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Sep 20, 09:22:00 PM:

Wondering how Biden has voted on the gun issue? Like his abortion stance,and he dismay the Catholic Church has expressed to him, I suspect he's a "contradiction".

I just get a bad feel from this guy. He reminds me of a guy I grew up with (who is a total scumbag).

All I see is an Obama/Biden ticket that is moving to the right trying to capture the middle, waffling or completely reversing their positions that captured the nomination. I ain't buying it.  

By Blogger CMT, at Sat Sep 20, 09:26:00 PM:

Biden seems to be trying to be Palin-lite. Recently he's reminded us all he's catholic (evidently in an effort to trump the Pro-life issue). Now, Joe's a big gun enthusiast (again trying to curry 2nd ammendment favor)> I like TH suggestion, but instead of Palin, have him go with Dick Cheney.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Sep 20, 09:44:00 PM:

Laying odds we see ol' Joe in his huntin' gear, ala Kerry with his safari outfit and 15000$ shotgun, printing the 'sportsmen for Kerry" stickers.

The Catholic and pro-choice matter should dog him.

I don't know if the stunts garner votes, but I suspect they do. People are chumps.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Sep 20, 11:04:00 PM:

I think Joey Hairplugs has now come to the point where his last name is now a verb as well as a "concept." To wit:

To do a Biden = To run at the mouth, go off-message, and make friend and supporters look like idiots.

An alternate form is "Bidenize" as in, "He has totally Bidenized his campaign."

Another alternate form is "Gone Biden" as in "The guy has totally Gone Biden--he talks out both sides of his mouth and neither side knows what the other is saying."  

By Blogger JPMcT, at Sat Sep 20, 11:24:00 PM:

Maybe Obama's "October surprise" will be to bag Biden and hire Hillary. That would be fun.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Sep 21, 01:24:00 AM:

The October surprise will be Biden dumping Obama and replacing him with Hillary.  

By Blogger davod, at Sun Sep 21, 07:44:00 AM:

Found this on On the On the Issues (You have to scroll down to get to it).

Keep assault weapons ban; close gun show loophole. (Apr 2007)
Voted NO on prohibiting lawsuits against gun manufacturers. (Jul 2005)
Voted NO on banning lawsuits against gun manufacturers for gun violence. (Mar 2004)
Voted YES on background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)
Voted NO on more penalties for gun & drug violations. (May 1999)
Voted NO on loosening license & background checks at gun shows. (May 1999)
Voted NO on maintaining current law: guns sold without trigger locks. (Jul 1998)
Rated F by the NRA, indicating a pro-gun control voting record. (Dec 2003).

Maybe he just plagiarized a pro gun advocate's speech.

I hve a feeling the NRA may get on to this. Mind you, are they allowed to mention Biden by name?  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?