<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, June 24, 2012

A few pictures from Nice 

I am in the middle of week-long swing through our European operations, which will by my return have taken me to London, Dublin, southern France, and Lyon, with stopovers in Frankfurt and Brussels. We did, however, rather brilliantly contrive to spend most of this weekend in Nice, and got in a beautiful and relaxing day on Saturday. And then, this morning I caught the swim and the first transition of the Nice IRONMAN. I took a few pictures.

A French vintner with a sense of humor...

French vintner with a sense of humor

Fresh almonds in the Nice farmer's market. I had never seen them before.

Fresh almonds

For the life of me, I do not understand why they call it the Cote d'Azur...

Cote d'Azur

From the rooftop pool a the hotel (not the best sight, but the only one suitable for a family blog).

Nice

The same tower at night.

Nice at night

The churning Med during the swimming leg of the Nice IRONMAN. Cote d'Azur airport is in the background.

Choppy sea

A shot of the "T1" transition area, with Nice's most famous hotel in the background.

Nice IRONMAN, T1

And coming out of T1.

Nice IRONMAN, coming out of transition

On to Lyon.


6 Comments:

By Blogger mdgiles, at Sun Jun 24, 08:54:00 PM:

"For the life of me, I do not understand why they call it the Cote d'Azur..."

Dude you're joking, right. It means "Blue Coast". Look at the water.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Jun 25, 03:40:00 AM:

Your sarcasm meter appears broken  

By Anonymous CNSRVTV, at Mon Jun 25, 09:37:00 PM:

Wow, beautiful!  

By Anonymous personal trainer san antonio, at Tue Jun 26, 04:16:00 AM:

Hi Tiger,
Awesome pictures and thanks for sharing with others through this blog. I have been swimming since last 2 years and found swimming great exercise to lose and maintain weight.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Jun 26, 02:43:00 PM:

Wow, adding Nice IM to my bucket list... I have a sister up in Normandy and have spent lots of time there, but really want to see this coast sometime. Georgeous pictures... Thanks!! (and I hope you get to catch a stage of the TdF too)  

By Blogger pam, at Thu Jun 28, 11:08:00 AM:

Awesomeness.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?