<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 25, 2011

Dumping the phone camera 


Scrolling through my Blackberry, a few stray pictures from today and before...


Downtown Brattleboro, about 4 this afternoon...


Downtown Brattleboro


Old school medicine. Carter's Little Pills were the first famous product of Carter-Wallace, which persisted as an independent company until around ten years ago. They owned Arid Extra Dry and Trojan condoms, among other famous brands.


Old school medicine


Spending the evening in the Brattleboro Super 8 motel, I needed some fucking merlot to get me through. Sadly, my new Wal-Mart corkscrew screwed me.


Cork screwed


Fortunately, I had my Swiss Army knife and retrieved the situation, so I am halfway through the bottle as I write this.

ADDENDUM: A couple of readers have suggested this approach the next time:




The sculpture on Palmer Square after the big snow a few weeks back. He's reading this book, which I believe has more to do with its title than its subject matter.


Free lunch


The Super Bowl Sunday India Pale Ale. Special TigerHawk points to the reader who explains why it is called "India Pale Ale" (without resorting to Google or facsimiles thereof).


The IPA of Super Bowl Sunday


And, finally, your blogger looking over the New York Times with at least a little disgust, Sunday morning last.


Your blogger, contemplating the New York Times


Cheers.


3 Comments:

By Anonymous Retardo, at Fri Feb 25, 10:05:00 PM:

Didn't the hop the hell out of it so it could survive the voyage from the UK to India?

Is that Kennebunkport stuff any good?  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Feb 26, 06:55:00 AM:

Ditto what Retardo said. Something about hops helping to preserve beer during long periods of transport?  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Sat Feb 26, 07:17:00 AM:

Correct. I only had the one bottle of the Kennebunkport, which I had not seen before, at another person's Super Bowl party. IPA is not best from the bottle and I was not too focused in on it anyway, but I recall that it was good enough to warrant another try.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?