Sunday, December 12, 2010
I'm home again -- "preparing" for a colonoscopy, actually, if you must know -- after a nice day in New York with the TH Daughter. We walked, shopped, and took in the "Radio City Christmas Spectacular". I took a few pictures along the way.
The Empire State Building, into the clouds...
Rock Center after the show...
Buying raspberry "sour belts" at Dylan's Candy Bar...
Ah, yes--the TV camera shoved up.... Hope the tin snips don't need to join it, as I get the pleasure of once.
I hate jello, now, too.
And for this post, my Word Verification is "recktial?" Really!?
Rockefeller Center is special during the Christmas Season.
Of course, these days the crowds of tourists makes it a busy affair.
Have so much to be thankful this year, especially Gov. Christie.
Santa was good to NJ this time around.
Man, everyone sure is focused on the colonoscopy element of TH's post. Next wee we're doing the other thing he mentions, and going in to see the Christmas Spectacular. A great Christmas tradition around these parts.
Hope everyone's colonoscopy turns out uneventful though.
Must be that time of year, as I am going to be probed tomorrow too.
Some comic relief:
Colonoscopy ~ Patients' Comments
A physician claimed that the following are actual comments made by his patients (predominately male) while he was performing their colonoscopies:
1. Take it easy, Doc . You're boldly going where no man has gone before!
2. Find Amelia Earhart yet?
3. Can you hear me NOW?
4. Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
5. You know, in Arkansas , we're now legally married.
6. Any sign of the trapped miners, Chief?'
7. You put your left hand in; you take your left hand out...
8. Hey! Now I know how a Muppet feels!
9. If your hand doesn't fit, you must quit!
10. Hey Doc, let me know if you find my dignity.
11. You used to work for the Inland Revenue Service bad payers division, didn't you?
12. God, now I know why I am not gay.
And the best one of all...
13. Could you write a note for my wife saying that my head is not up there?
PS - one of my favorite jokes "what is a proctoscope? A tube with an asshole at both ends" I'm here all week...
I think I'm slightly younger than Mr. Tigerhawk, turning 50 in March, but hoping at least for a reach-around when they stick that thing up my arse, lol.
If the doctor giggles he better be ready for a good old fashionsioned ass-kickin'
Don't worry TH, I'm sure your doc is the Michael Jordan of the colonoscope.