<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 03, 2010

A drive to the Adirondacks, and the contents of my phone camera 


I rolled up to the Adirondacks this afternoon and evening, leaving the Princeton area around 3:30 and getting to Tupper Lake about 9:30. Not bad, given some sticky traffic at various points in the Soprano State and the lower New York State Thruway. I took some pictures with my Blackberry along the way.


My snacks for the drive...


Snacks for the road


Bumper-to-bumper where I-287, Route 17, and the NYST all come together near Suffern, New York. Years ago a worked a long walk from this interchange, just off the Airmont Road exit for those of you who know the region. You can see the big Sheraton Crossroads hotel in Mahwah in the reflection.


Merging on to the NYST


I hit the jackpot at the Quiznos at the NYST's New Baltimore service area, a silver dime (1951-P). I can't remember the last time I got a pre-1964 silver coin in my change, yet there it is, an egregious violation of Gresham's Law.


A silver dime, date 1951


North of Saratoga Springs it cooled off enough to open the roof, which I love to do once I hit the mountains -- the air up here smells wonderful, relaxing me like few other things. (Yes, I am getting a waddle wattle, but that happens when you close in on 50.)


Rolling with the roof open


I brought a cooler full of really excellent horse ovaries for my four nights here, such things not easily had in Tupper Lake.


The weekend hors d'oerves


I'm sharing one of our family's "camps" with my cousin, who occasionally comments here under the initials "rcw." She writes a blog, too, but about a very specific project.

Yes, I'll be getting up before dawn this weekend, which means I had better get to sleep.

TTYL.


7 Comments:

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Sep 03, 11:09:00 AM:

That ain't a "waddle" dear sir, but a wattle. Ducks waddle, turkeys have wattles.

Enjoy your fine weekend!  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Sep 03, 11:19:00 AM:

Anon attorney here, of the anti-Goldman and "man-up, Oprah boy" posts. I'll be working this weekend, as per usual. The older I get the more jealous I get of you in-house attorneys with your defined time off. I've forgotten what that's like.

We have the same watch. It weights almost nothing. Love it.

Enjoy the weekend. Did you take your bike?  

By Anonymous Steven K, at Fri Sep 03, 11:26:00 AM:

um... horse ovaries?  

By Blogger Michelle Maskaly, at Fri Sep 03, 11:52:00 AM:

Enjoy your time in the Adirondacks!

- The Adirondack Chick
http://www.theadirondackchick.com/  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Fri Sep 03, 12:51:00 PM:

Anon 11:09, error corrected. Thank you.

horse ovaries = hors d'oeurves. I was in a goofy mood.  

By Blogger Bret Ahlstrom, at Fri Sep 03, 12:59:00 PM:

Oh boy...that Sabra hummus is about the best thing Costco is selling now. I commute 12-14 miles by bike to work most days and that's become my recovery food when I get home.

Not sure if it nutritionally matches what I should eat, nor do I care.  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Sun Sep 05, 03:34:00 PM:

Anon 11:19 -

Did bring the bike, and rode 35 miles on Friday morning. Very nice. Weather got a little colder the last couple of days, so I hiked 9 miles yesterday, and today I am drinking, blogging, and doing emails in front of an open fire.

I am not, by the way, an in-house lawyer any longer. CFO. I work long hours, but I do have more control over my time than back when I had clients.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?