Thursday, January 28, 2010

A dispute in which my interest is purely sporting 

As unattractive as it is for men to wear fur while figure skating, it seems to irritate all the right people.


By Blogger JPMcT, at Thu Jan 28, 06:44:00 PM:

There's SO much more to be said about that costume than the fabric.  

By Anonymous QuakerCat, at Fri Jan 29, 09:47:00 AM:

atta-girl, I mean...boy...?  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Jan 29, 01:48:00 PM:

My wife and her friends go nuts over this every four years -- while I hide.

If you see figure skaters live and up close, but to me anything that scores "artistic impression" can't be a sport. It's half a popularity contest.

From the 1990s you may recall Surya Bonaly -- the black French skater. I was amazed when I saw her do a back flip onto one skate at an exhibition. You never saw her do it in a competition because it was banned. Instead you can win or lose a medal over your choice of the frill on your costume.

Whatever happened to Tonya Harding -- the Mickey Rourke of figure skating?  

By Anonymous BurkeanMama, at Sun Jan 31, 01:56:00 PM:

Don't Cry for Johnny Weir Conservatives http://marlettsmith.com/blog/index.php/2010/01/31/dont-cry-for-johnny-conservatives/  

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?