<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 14, 2008

I agree -- "they" have ruined SiteMeter 


I agree, SiteMeter has ruined its product.

It now requires a login. Not good. Worse, I cannot find the "referrer" data or the "outclick" data, both of which were my primary reasons for using it. And since I am a premium member -- I actually pay for more functionality -- I hope I get some attention here.

Fortunately, when SiteMeter had its Explorer 7 "glitch" back at the beginning of August I put in ExtremeTracker, and set it open so that other could see our stats. It is down toward the end of the right sidebar, just below the Power Line News graphic.


4 Comments:

By Blogger Anthony, at Sun Sep 14, 02:49:00 PM:

I took Sitemeter off my blog when it was revealed they were planting tracking cookies without telling anyone. Since then, I've been using Statcounter, which I've been quite happy with.  

By Blogger Lex, at Sun Sep 14, 03:01:00 PM:

Did you use the public or private version of the ExtremeTracker?  

By Blogger Miss Ladybug, at Sun Sep 14, 03:06:00 PM:

I've had the free Sitemeter. I just migrated, and looking at the detail for a visit, I still see the referring URL and Outclick field. Or, are you referring to the report that would just list the visits by referrer and outclicks? If so, I haven't found it yet.  

By Blogger Dan Kauffman, at Mon Sep 15, 01:31:00 AM:

Tiger I can still find outclicks and referrals under the recent visitor section  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?