<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Turning a profit on the Holy Koran 


An 800 year-old copy of the Holy Koran has sold for more than two million dollars at auction. Now, I had always understood that "desecration" of the Koran outraged Muslims because they venerate physical copies of their scripture as inherently holy, not merely a book that transcribes holy words (as Christians regard their Bible). It delights and surprises me, therefore, to learn that it is not disrespectful to collect and trade the Koran for fun and profit.

Otherwise, Christie's auction house would have a lot to worry about.


2 Comments:

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Wed Oct 24, 10:39:00 AM:

Isn't it amazing how much people will pay for a fantasy novel?
I prefer Lord Of The Rings myself.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Oct 25, 09:20:00 PM:

I suppose at that price you would want to use it ala Cheryl Crow's advice. One sheet at a time.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?