<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, April 28, 2007

"Communiversity" 


Today was the annual "Communiversity" street fair in Princeton, during which the constabulary close Nassau Street and Witherspoon Street and townies and students alike eat food they don't need and buy stuff they won't use. I took my hard-working son (he has been laboriously writing a history paper) downtown for a study break.


IMG_0324


IMG_0325

Flags arranged in a "P" festooned Nassau Hall. Sadly, it isn't the least surprising that Princeton gave the flag of Iran a place of honor on Nassau Hall, but not the flag of Israel.


IMG_0330


IMG_0339


The band Shaxe...


IMG_0350


...to whose music this guy was bobbing and weaving...


IMG_0345


I love street fairs.


7 Comments:

By Blogger Papa Ray, at Sun Apr 29, 01:10:00 AM:

It looks like son needs a barber break.

Tell him if his brain gets more air, he will do better in school.

It worked for my middle grandson.

Papa Ray  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Sun Apr 29, 08:12:00 AM:

He's a good kid, one of the few right-wing, Quaker-school attending, long-haired rocker wannabes I know.

Over the years, I had always taken him to get a haircut, and he had never objected. Then, about three months ago, he asked, "Dad, can I grow my hair longer." I said, "you are sixteen, and can grow your hair any length you choose. But I can tease you about it any time I want." And I do.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Apr 29, 01:03:00 PM:

That's only THREE MONTHS of no haircuts??????  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Apr 29, 02:04:00 PM:

I think I'll grow it to about waist length. Then, I'll shave it bald to shock everyone.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Apr 29, 03:54:00 PM:

Stuff the kids are learning today are not what they tuaght us i mean its this SAVE THE RAINFOREST,STOP GLOBAL WARMING crap and they dont teach them anything about the U.S. Constitution anymore its time to shut down the Dept of Education and return to home education  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Apr 29, 10:38:00 PM:

TH, is that you munching on the hot dog in the bottom picture?

Just kidding.... :)

-David  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri May 04, 03:35:00 PM:

I'd like to know who put up the flags and how they chose them:

Indonesia - Iceland - Canada
Ireland - blank - Czech Republic
United Kingdom - blank - Cyprus
Sudan - Greece - Australia
Luxembourg
Iran
France

So glad to see Princetonians flying the flag of genocide (govt of Sudan). Flip it over and you have the Palestinian flag. Swell. And as TH points out, WTF is the flag of Iran doing there?

I happen to like Luxembourg, but really. Luxembourg? 465,000 people? Ditto Cyprus and Iceland. I've attended P-Parties with more people.

'85er  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?