<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Sunday morning time-wasters 


First, a couple of exciting quizzes via AtlanticBlog:


You paid attention during 100% of high school!

85-100% You must be an autodidact, because American high schools don't get scores that high! Good show, old chap!

Do you deserve your high school diploma?
Create a Quiz


Your Language Arts Grade: 100%

Way to go! You know not to trust the MS Grammar Check and you know "no" from "know." Now, go forth and spread the good word (or at least, the proper use of apostrophes).

Are You Gooder at Grammar?
Make a Quiz


Can somebody, by the way, explain why we started calling English class "Language Arts"? I've never received a clear explanation.

Via Megan McCardle, test your accent:


What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Northeast

Judging by how you talk you are probably from north Jersey, New York City, Connecticut or Rhode Island. Chances are, if you are from New York City (and not those other places) people would probably be able to tell if they actually heard you speak.

Philadelphia
The Inland North
The Midland
The South
Boston
The West
North Central
What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes


Then, via the TigerHawk Son, a quiz that measures your geekiness in far greater detail than either of the foregoing. (Son admonishes, "be honest, because there are a lot of Star Trek questions.")


i am a geek


I scored just under 20%. Which is not a good sign from any perspective.


9 Comments:

By Blogger Dawnfire82, at Sun Dec 03, 12:10:00 PM:

Apparently, I speak "Midlander." But then, they didn't ask me if I pronounce 9 as 'nine' or 'nahn,' or if I said 'y'all,' 'you all,' 'youse,' or 'you guys.'  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Dec 03, 12:32:00 PM:

My Scores:

100% paid attention in high school
100% language arts
100% northeast accent

Just over 20% geek (20.31558%) - and I don't know anything about Star Trek other than that William Shatner entertains me in his post-trek career.  

By Blogger GreenmanTim, at Sun Dec 03, 02:15:00 PM:

22.90 geek. Tolkein, D&D, Ren faires and role-play. Don't have cable, don't watch anything but DVDs. Not much of the rest applies, save the trivial knowledge bits. And Latin.

Obviously a pre-WOW test. That game will suck you dry, which is why I don't own it and manage to limit my play to every other week at a friend's. Spent last night in Stormwind, Wetlands and Darkshire. 22nd level Dwarf named Sterkfontein (Afrikaans for "strong fountain") Geek.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Dec 03, 02:30:00 PM:

35%, major geek  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Sun Dec 03, 03:40:00 PM:

GT, you have a second cousin, "once removed", who would worship you.  

By Blogger GreenmanTim, at Sun Dec 03, 04:15:00 PM:

If my honorable 2nd cousin (once removed) would like to go raiding the Deadmines some enchanted evening with "Sterkfontein" the warrior dwarf and "Dirty Sancho", the gnome enchanter (played by my friend the ex-Gitmo MP), we can often be found on Saturday nights twixt the hours of 8 and 3 in Anvilmar Realm. But you have to hold us blameless for any attendant loss of sleep or social grace.  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Dec 03, 04:45:00 PM:

I got about 27%, myself. On the "Total Geek" scale.  

By Blogger Lanky_Bastard, at Sun Dec 03, 05:05:00 PM:

Wow, that's a high-end geek test. I only got a 31%.
As for the accent test, some Eastern CT types come up Boston (at least I did).  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sun Dec 03, 07:15:00 PM:

100% on knowledge and grammar, but just barely above 11% on geekness.

Do I get extra credit for noticing that there was a duplicate response for question 10 in the grammar test?

Accent is Philadelphian. I am originally from Baltimore, although people in that area have accused me of being from "the South".  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?