<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, March 17, 2006

Happy St. Patty's! 


With all the hoops hoopla, I almost forgot that it is St. Patrick's Day. There was never any doubt in New York, since you started running into drunken revelers (some in uniform) on your morning commute. Here in Charlottesville, there is very little evidence that today is any different from any other, aside from the occasional green clad lassie.

But here's to it anyway, and all wonderful things Irish (including my old friend Banshee)!

How will I celebrate you ask? Well, my days of getting blitzed in a pub are thankfully behind me (particularly since there are none within walking or subway distance in my current neighborhood). Instead, I'll enjoy home cooked corned beef, cabbage and soda bread courtesy of my wife (and of course several days of reubens afterwards). And then after the kids are in bed, I'll settle down to watch some hoops, but instead of my usual bourbon I will be sipping this:

(About which you can learn much more here).

1 Comments:

By Blogger slickdpdx, at Fri Mar 17, 05:28:00 PM:

mmmmm. Irish whiskey. I can't imagine why anyone would drink Scotch.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?