<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Vindication (for what it's worth) 

Confronted with the evidence, officials admit blowing the call:

Gerald Austin, coordinator of Conference USA officials, released a statement after being called by The Des Moines Register on Tuesday.

"Out of approximately 175 plays in this game, we have five under specific review — including an important call at the end of the game. We do teach our officials that toward the end of the game, the calls should clearly be a foul. In this case, the onside kickoff call was too technical and should not have been made."

That and $2 will get you a ride on the subway.

3 Comments:

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Wed Jan 04, 10:01:00 AM:

I take my vindication where I can get it.  

By Blogger Gateway Pundit, at Wed Jan 04, 10:41:00 AM:

I can see you are still feeling blue about the game from your comments at GP. The leftie Dave hooked me in before, too. He doesn't add anything and just when you think he wants to actually discuss things he whams you with drivel.

I hope you can shake off the loss. It was a heartache.

Great news though, not that it does any good today.  

By Blogger Cassandra, at Wed Jan 04, 11:47:00 AM:

I'm sorry guys. That was a heartbreaker.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?