<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, December 19, 2005

Hail to the Redskins 

Countertrey describes the agonizing sacrifices made by the die hard sports fan:

One of my sons sprained a knee in wrestling practice and didn’t tell me until Friday night, and both sons got sick, so you can imagine the conflict that I felt when I had to eat my tickets to yesterday’s Redskins game. And, I had no means of getting my tickets to the charity that I normally send them to given the late notice. Right up until the last minute I was rationalizing why it would have been okay to take our sick sons out in thirty-degree weather with one hobbling on a sprained knee. Daddy dearest.

I was looking forward to screaming my lungs out. I was expecting a huge celebration. I watched the game in HD and 5.1 stereo and it was loud, and it was almost like I was there, but not quite. What made it worse was that four of the Redskins scores and many of the defense’s big plays were on my side of the field: two of Cooley’s three TDs; Santana Moss’s unbelievable diving catch, and later his run after a rocket screen; and Mike Sellers’ TD were all on my side. Each time, I turned to my wife and said “that was right in front of our seats.”

1 Comments:

By Blogger Cassandra, at Mon Dec 19, 06:09:00 PM:

That game was completely awesome. I thought I was hallucinating a few times - I kept waiting for them to screw it up but it never happened. Un-freaking believable :)  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?