<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 22, 2005

Dennis Miller on racial profiling 

So I'm devoting the last hour or so of my Friday to finishing Brian Anderson's new book, South Park Conservatives. I'm not sure that I've seen scholarship inside it to warrant Jonah Goldberg's cover blurb ("This book will change the debate about the future of conservatism"), but it is entertaining. Smack in the middle of the book is a chapter ("South Park Anti-Liberals") that surveys anti-PC comedy, complete with one-liners. This excerpt from a Dennis Miller rant -- which of course is totally offensive -- made me laugh out loud (revealing what a bad person I really am):
As for what many are calling racial profiling in the aftermath of September 11, well, get ready to be pissed off, you ACLU-Fucking-Morons, we're dealing with a massive threat and limited manpower, so you want them to check everybody out equally? Sure, fine, okay, but lete's at least compromise and put the Swedish dwarf a little further down the list than the Iraqi explosives expert carrying a Belgian passport with more eraser marks on it than Kid Rock's trig final.

"A Belgian passport with more eraser marks on it than Kid Rock's trig final"? I don't care who you are, that's funny stuff.

1 Comments:

By Blogger Aaron, at Sat Apr 23, 03:10:00 AM:

I've always found Dennis Miller incredibly funny, too bad he's traded in his HBO show for a "news" show on CNBC.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?