<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Da' Jersey Blogmeet 

As previously reported, last night I left a 4th grade slumber party and a school charity auction in my dust and high-tailed it to the American Legion Post 35 in Union, New Jersey for Da' Jersey Blogmeet. Click on da button below fer da links to da blogs o' da bloggers dat attended.



Da' Jersey Blogmeet was the brainchild of, and product of the organizational genius of, Parkway Rest Stop, with an assist from Katespot. Gigglechick masterminded da Button.

I am late to blogging da Blogmeet -- most of the other attendees have beaten me to the punch (how's that for an orgy of links?!). Sorry if I missed somebody....

My excuse, apart from the usual attention deficit issues, is that I got home much later last night than I expected, having suffered the New Jersey equivalent of a perfect storm on the drive back to Princeton. Yes, both U.S. 1 and Route 27 were closed in both directions at the same point (they are parallel roads, for those few of you unfamiliar with the Garden State's roads), the result being that I spent an hour snarled in a true clusterfudge six miles from my house. Then, this morning was taken over by the huge pancake breakfast for the many 4th grade girls, and then we had to spend five hours at an orientation program at the George School. So that's my excuse.

Anyway, I had a wonderful time, and am very grateful to have been invited. I met some tremendous people and had some great conversation, and the three hours I was there just flashed by. I hope very much that we do it again.

Various of the other bloggers got some great photos. Among them, evidence of TigerHawk's attendance (which will only constitute proof to those few of you who know what I look like, I suppose):
Three Handsome Guys

CWCID for the photo: Kate o' Katespot.

And one final thing. I got to meet the author of The Gender Genie, previously blogged here. Oh. My. God. And she had stories. Apparently transgender types pump their writing through it to validate their decision for gender surgery ("I always knew I was a woman inside!), and men who come up "female" send her flaming emails of rage claiming that they're "all man." And yes, Gender Genie has answered one of the great eternal questions. Somebody uploaded the entire Holy Bible. God, we now know, is male. Or at least writes like one.

2 Comments:

By Blogger Fausta, at Mon Apr 04, 09:01:00 AM:

I'm heartbroken that I missed it. How about a little mini-meet during Communiversity?
Communiversity April 23, 2005

Event: Communiversity April 23, 2005
Event Type: Community Events
Start Date: Saturday, April 23, 2005
End Date: Saturday, April 23, 2005
Start Time: 12:00 PM
End Time: 5:00 PM
Location: Princeton

with possibly Panera or Triumph Brewery as meeting spot?  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Mon Apr 04, 10:02:00 PM:

It was great to meet you, and I hope to do so again.

As for slumber parties, they are rough duty. The good news is that the other parents realize what you are going through and that when "pick up" time rolls around the next day, they are on time, lest you strangle their children.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?