<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, November 12, 2004

Aerial views 

I'm sure that I'm the last person in America to play around with Terraserver, but on the off-chance that TigerHawk's elite but technologically average readership has within its ranks readers even less cluey than me, I pass it along with the highest recommendation. Click through and play around with the various options for locating your home, a friend's home, or your favorite vacation spot or national landmark from high in the sky. Very cool.

Here's an aerial shot of the house in which I grew up, on Third Avenue in Iowa City:
 Posted by Hello


To the east (right) of the cul de sac is the Herbert Hoover Elementary School, and the big open space to the north is Iowa City High School.

So cool, I'm adding it to the list of links following the blogroll on the right.

CWCID: Brendan.

2 Comments:

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Sat Nov 13, 03:22:00 PM:

TH
Where have you been? I've been using Terraserver since 2000 to research real estate investments, but I admit it took a 17 year-old nephew to tell me about it. It was extremely helpful in finding potential wetland regulatory problems on properties in which I thought major renovations might be needed.

Terraserver was wholly owned by Microsoft at one point (and might still be but you would not know it from their web site). But, it is also a lot of fun just to see familiar places from space.
Hedge Fund Guy  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Sat Nov 13, 11:42:00 PM:

Hence my speculation that I'm "the last person in America" to play around with Terraserver....  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?