<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Americana: Bevo and the kickline 

I love American icons, and I especially love it when two of them incongruously occupy the same point in the space-time continuum. So it was last week, when the Radio City Rockettes were in Austin to perform their "Christmas Spectacular" (which the TH Daughter and I saw in New York two Sundays ago). Naturally, the glamorous ladies of the kickline could not miss the chance to pose with Bevo, the longhorn mascot of the University of Texas.


Rockette and Bevo


He does not look nearly as excited as I would have been.


2 Comments:

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thu Dec 23, 10:25:00 AM:

Well, after all, Bevo IS a steer.  

By Blogger bobby, at Sat Dec 25, 01:01:00 AM:

"He does not look nearly as excited as I would have been."
- - -

We must be looking at different pictures. That's about the horniest-looking bull I've seen.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?