<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 13, 2010

It's tough all over 


Good point.

I do think that high stress jobs, be they in the White House or in some other demanding setting, burn people out. The phenomenon is real. But VDH makes an excellent point -- neither do I recall that the press detected similar fatigue among the Bushies. Maybe they were tougher, they having been tempered in the fires of private sector competition, or the press just was not looking. It is hard to imagine that they were under less pressure.


4 Comments:

By Blogger PD Quig, at Fri Aug 13, 06:46:00 PM:

With great responsibility comes great...vacations. The Duffer- and PartyPants-in-Chief seems to have found a way to tough it out. But maybe he's driving his staff too hard? Myself, I can't for the life of me see how they can spawn so many impossibly idiotic ideas before breakfast every day without staying up all night long.

Maybe the Obama White House just needs to put their blankies down on the West Wing floor every afternoon and have some quiet time. Even if they don't actually get a nap, they would probably be less cranky and whiney. Works for my five year-old granddaughter every time.  

By Blogger JPMcT, at Sat Aug 14, 11:57:00 AM:

I will bet green American dollars that the Obama "gray hair" pics...clearly meant to demonstrate the "burden of leadership"...are, in fact the result of some sessions with a hairdresser.

I could be wrong. He could just be letting his Grecian Formula grow out.

But Stress? I work more hours, have greater responsibility (short of nuking the planet)and take less vacation (far less)than the Big O...and I love my job.

The only thing that makes my job stressful are idiots like Obama and his ilk who want to micromanage it.  

By Blogger MTF, at Sat Aug 14, 01:06:00 PM:

The Bushies were indeed different; they weren't so self important tools.  

By Blogger VC-Ron, at Sun Aug 15, 02:59:00 PM:

It's much more stressful when you have to lie all the time...!  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?