<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Ramblin' man 


I rose at a very early hour this morning to catch a flight to San Francisco. On the long odds that you have ever wondered what the skyline of Newark -- that's pronounced "Nerck" for those of you from Delaware or otherwise unfamiliar with the diction -- looks like just after dawn on a frosty October morn, well, here it is:




San Francisco was cloudy, but still a great place to see. My colleague lived here for many years, so he showed me around while we got caught up. We are staying at the airport, so we drove past the stadium to San Francisco, through town to the Marina district, and then through the Presidio to the Pacific coast.



Proof of life on Baker Beach:




As always, click to enlarge.


3 Comments:

By Blogger Fire, at Sun Oct 15, 09:38:00 PM:

Somehow a suit on a beach doesn't bode well for me. I realize winter approaches, but couldn't you get a surfboard or a hawaiian shirt?

Help a brother out here.... :(  

By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Oct 17, 12:52:00 AM:

I disagree with firewolf. A good quality, well-tailored suit like Tigerhawk's is appropriate in nearly any venue. Wearing it over nothing more than a T-shirt, however, is a sartorial felony.  

By Blogger TigerHawk, at Tue Oct 17, 01:58:00 AM:

It's not a suit. It is a grey herringbone jacket from TravelSmith. You know, with a million pockets in which carry one's stuff. I had flown across the country that morning, so I wanted a comfortable shirt and a jacket with a lot of pockets. No coolness was intended, so I met expectations.  

Post a Comment


This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?